The patented ZEECO® VerifEye™ fiber optic pilot monitoring system is integrally mounted in the flare pilot to relay the status of each unique pilot flame in real-time to an at-grade monitor. The monitors incorporate flame flicker technology to discern between the pilot and flare flame, delivering a precise and immediate signal both among the pilots and between the pilots and the flare flame. The system more accurately controls pilot ignition and function because it operates in real-time.
To eliminate maintenance issues, the entire VerifEye system, including cables, fasteners, and connectors, is constructed for high-temperature applications and focuses on the pilot flame from a safe distance within the pilot housing – not in contact with any combustion-affected zones. Our engineers centered the fiber optic assembly in the air-gas premix piping, so the continuous flow of air and gas during operation creates a thermal barrier against combustion temperatures.
The VerifEye system is significantly more responsive than a thermocouple, more accurate than a flame rod or typical optical monitor and has a longer expected equipment life than any other technology on the market today.
ZEECO VerifEye Features and Benefits:
- Accurate, real-time pilot status monitoring, regardless of wind or flame conditions
- Exceptional equipment life for reliable performance between scheduled turnarounds
- Discriminates among individual pilot flames and between pilot and flare flame
- Remote, non-contact monitor mounted at grade
- Instantaneous notification of pilot failure reduces chances for unintended atmospheric venting