The EPA is requiring compliance with 40 CFR Parts 60 and 63 by January 31, 2019. Be ready with ZEECO® FlareGuardian™, winner of Hydrocarbon Processing’s 2018 Award for Best Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Implementation.
Zeeco’s FlareGuardian flare monitor is an innovative and revolutionary instrument utilizing patented Video Imaging Spectro-Radiometry (VISR) technology. FlareGuardian provides flare system users and operators with accurate, reliable real-time reporting and feedback to determine important performance metrics, simplify compliance, and optimize flare performance. The known shortcomings of current indirect monitoring methods, combined with the new EPA standards and deadlines, spawned the development of a new flare combustion efficiency (CE) measurement and monitoring method – a technology that can be used to directly, autonomously, and continuously measure CE and smoke levels in real time.
This cutting-edge flare combustion efficiency (CE) measurement and monitoring technology overcomes issues with current indirect monitoring methods and meets stringent EPA standards. FlareGuardian can be used for direct, autonomous, and continuous measurement of CE and smoke levels. Operators will be able to eliminate tedious aiming and data reduction, as well ongoing operation and maintenance costs associated with other flare monitoring methods, while staying in compliance with the Refinery RTR rule under 40 CFR 63.670.
ZEECO FlareGuardian Features and Benefits:
- Provides real-time combustion efficiency, smoke index, flame stability, flame footprint, heat release, and pilot status for a complete picture of flare performance
- Autonomous data collection (DCS or PLC) for optimized flare performance
- Simplify monitoring, reporting, and compliance activities
- Remote mounted, non-contact monitoring
- More accurate results versus indirect monitoring
- Eliminates need for monitoring surrogate parameters
- Short measurement cycle (milliseconds, averaged over seconds to 15 minutes, variable) enables quick response and minimizes cost for supplemental fuel, steam, or air
- Industrial closed loop interface allows for flare operation and control based on direct combustion efficiency and smoke index values in real-time
- Easy installation and maintenance, uninterrupted production processes, no shutdown required, and no calibrations